Re: [board-discuss] 3 proposed items for the Agenda of the BoD Call of Feb 29

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 07:40:44PM +0100, Osvaldo Gervasi wrote:
KNOWING ABOUT THE COMMUNITY

I'm confident such information will be tremendously useful in the future.

So the MC is tasked with tracking this and not every member is eager to share
all achievements in widely public. So how will such information -- beyond what
will/should be provided by preexisting work on the "All about LibreOffice"
Dashboard[1] using existing public sources be useful in the future?

Also note that maybe we should get the work on the Dashboard finished, before
we extend the scope even further. ;)

HELPING NEWB DEVELOPERS
---------------------------------------
(Ian involved)

I propose to set up a training environment from where a newbie eager to
contribute to LibreOffice can practice,
without getting lost in the series of steps required to activate a local
environment from where the source
code can be compiled.

The proper environment will be set up later, once the newbie got to know how
developers of LibreOffice are
used to work.

So this is also trying to revitalize prior work, I assume?

https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/742
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfests/VMs/Using_a_VM

Apparently the task was closed due to lack of interest[2] for now, which might
change now that we have a Development mentor. Great to see initiative there, but
what exactly is there to discuss from on the Board?

INVOLVING UNIVERSITIES

On this, we should also build on prior work, namely our cooperations with:

- ULPGC, Gran Canaria, Spain (2 Hackfests, one upcoming)
- TU Dresden, Germany (1 Hackfest)
- Scientific and Technological Research Council, Turkey (one upcoming Hackfest)

Getting them involved in those developments would be wise. More maybe in the
call.

Best,

Bjoern

[1]