Candidacy for BoD election: Eike Rathke

Hello dear members,

I'm currently a Deputy of the Board of Directors of The Document
Foundation and I candidate again for another term on the board.

My name is Eike Rathke, I live in Hamburg, Germany, and I work full time
on LibreOffice, employed by Red Hat, Inc.

Being a code developer (or hacker by heart..) I'm mainly engaged in the
areas of the Calc spreadsheet core engine, internationalization and
locale data; some may know my nick erAck on IRC. I have been active in
the LibreOffice project since 2011 and was in the TDF Membership
Committee from 2012 to 2013, and from 2013 to 2015 a Deputy of the Board
of Directors. My traces with the code and project go back to the very
beginning of OOo when I was with Sun Microsystems and even earlier when
I worked for Star Division on StarOffice. I'm also an ardent supporter
of Free Software in general.

In the TDF board I see my responsibility to continue the excellent work
the board has achieved so far and further grow the foundation and
support its purposes and provide LibreOffice the home it deserves as
a project, code base and community of different cultures. Speaking of
cultures, I hope the board will represent a balanced mix of aspects of
the LibreOffice project, not only across regions but also across
different activity fields such as engineering, design, quality
assurance, marketing and administration. This to ensure that the
foundation and its projects are seen as a place of professionalism
worth to invest in and work with.

Full name: Eike Rathke
Email address: erack@redhat.com
Corporate affiliation: Red Hat, Inc.

~75 words candidacy text:

I, Eike Rathke, candidate for a seat on the Board of Directors of The
Document Foundation. I am a LibreOffice core code contributor, working
full time on the code base employed by Red Hat, Inc. I have been around
with the project and TDF since 2011. I want TDF to grow and continue to
be a prosperous community that creates and maintains the framework and
conditions for a successful LibreOffice development in all its aspects.

Regards
  Eike