[board-discuss] Fwd: Questions for the candidates to the board of directors of the Document Foundation

Dear future or existing candidates to  the board of directors,

I just wanted to remind you that:
1) the nomination deadline is approaching fast
2) don't forget to answer my questions below -two candidates have declared
their candidacy but have not replied so far.

Thanks,

Charles.

Charles-H. Schulz <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> @ 2015-11-02 17:38 CET:

Dear candidates to the board of directors of the Document Foundation,

I would first like to thank you for running as candidates for the board
of directors. At this time, not every candidate has declared his or her
candidacy. However, I would like to ask a few questions about your views
and intentions regarding the Document Foundation and your plans as
potential directors of the entity. I hope they will be helpful in
englightening our membership and hopefully, all of you will be able to
answer them.

1. Do you commit yourself to have enough time and the necessary
technological tools in order to participate to the regularly scheduled
board calls?

2. Do you commit yourself to follow up and work on (at least) the main
items and actions you have volunteered to oversee or that have been
attributed to you by the board?

3. What are your views on the foundation's budget? How should the money
be spent, besides our fixed costs?

4. Should we work towards broadening our pool of contributors, both
technical and non-technical?

5. Should the Foundation -as an entity distinct from the LibreOffice
project or the Document Liberation project- engage into growing its
influence and promoting and defending Free Software and Digital Freedom?
It is, after all, an integral part of its mission per its very Statutes.
If yes, do you have ideas on what should be done about this?

6. How do you view your (potential) role as a member of the board of
directors, given that this position does not give you any specific
functional role inside the LibreOffice or Document Liberation projects?

7. What is the biggest problem of the foundation in your opinion? What
is its biggest opportunity?

Thank you for your answers,

Charles-H. Schulz.

--
Charles-H. Schulz Co-founder, The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts Legal details: