Re: [board-discuss] Grant request: IT&Business fair

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 05:24:07PM +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
with our new grant request page online
(http://www.documentfoundation.org/grant-request/), we have received
the first requests, which - in light of our transparency and
openness approach - would like to make public and discuss here.

This is great news.

The first request is about the IT & Business fair and has been sent
in by Ellen Pape and Thomas Krumbein, both TDF members.

As others have noted the price appears quite an ask for a trade fair of that
size. But we didnt play CeBit much this year and looking at the website
suggests to me there we might expect an interesting target audience there.

Improving awareness of our brand and product widely and outside the OSS-friendly
world that knows us already is a valuable endeavour. And the smaller event
gives hope that we are not overshadowed by big announcements from huge players
(a common risk at CeBit) and thus have a better chance at getting a fair share
of the audiences attention.

As Joel noted, a public after-action report on how the event went would be
great, also for both inspiration and confirmation for TDF members in other
regions.

In conclusion: Lets try this and see how it goes. Im supporting the grant
request.

Best,

Bjoern