Re: [board-discuss] Grant request: IT&Business fair

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Florian Effenberger <
floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Hello,

with our new grant request page online (
http://www.documentfoundation.org/grant-request/), we have received the
first requests, which - in light of our transparency and openness approach
- would like to make public and discuss here.

Really exciting news indeed. Glad to see the new grant proposal being
utilized and hope to see more grant requests in the near future.

The first request is about the IT & Business fair and has been sent in by
Ellen Pape and Thomas Krumbein, both TDF members.

==
Grant Proposal:  6500 Euro for a booth at the IT&Business fair in
Stuttgart (http://www.messe-stuttgart.de/it-business/) 29.9.-1.10.2015

Grant Objective: Promote LibreOffice in the German market. Announce the
launch of LibreOffice 5.0.

Grant size: 6500 Euro in total: ca. 5300 Euro for the booth, 666 Euro for
media flat rate and ca. 534 Euro for additional costs. We need an answer
from TDF as quickly as possible.

Grant Beneficiaries: presenting the project at this fair will allow us to
present LibreOffice 5.0 at small and medium-sized businesses in the
South-West of Germany. There are also a lot of small municipals which are
interested in migration. We hope also to activate the idea of community in
Germany.

Grant Follow-up: We will report on the success of the grant on the TDF
blog, also at the social-media-platforms. We will try to activate several
people from the community to help at this fair
==

I am also in favor of the proposal. Thomas Kumbein has been active for some
time in the open source world and I'd love to see him add visibility to the
project. After it's over I hope to see a write-up of some kind just to let
us know how it went, the attendance, the reception, etc .. .

The cost seems to be reasonable given that the majority of it is to pay for
the booth itself.

Warmest Regards,
Joel

--