[board-discuss]

Hi all,

I would like to announce my candidacy to the Membership Committee of
The Document Foundation.

I have been involved with LibreOffice project since its beginning and
I have a good overview of at least two major segments of the project:
development and localization. I started to contribute to
OpenOffice.org in 2002 as a Hungarian translator. In the past 3 years
I worked on LibreOffice full time, including PO file based
localization tooling, Windows installer, code cleanups and a lot of
bugfixing. I mentored about a dozen of students, some of them took
part in GSoC and stayed with the project for a longer term.

I think I can serve well in the Membership Committee, because I know a
lot of people and I know what they do.

Full name: Andras Timar
IRC nick: timar
Email: timar74@gmail.com
Corporate affiliation: Collabora

~75 words candidacy statement:

"In the upcoming Membership Committee Election, please vote for me,
the ideal candidate. I have been involved in OpenOffice.org, then
LibreOffice for 12 years, I know a lot of people from the community,
and I have a good overview of development and localization. I have
time and desire to serve in this position."

Please let me know, if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Andras Timar