[board-discuss] Invitation to formal in-person board meeting 2014

Dear colleagues,

per § 9 I of our statutes, [1] the Board of Directors is required to
have one formal meeting per year, with both the invitation issued and
the agenda fixed no later than two weeks in advance.

I hereby, in my role as Chairman of The Document Foundation, officially
invite the Board of Directors as well as its deputies to a formal meeting on

         Tuesday, September 2nd,
         at 1200 UTC (i.e. 1400 local time, UTC+2/CEST)
         during the LibreOffice Conference 2014

at the Bern University in Switzerland. Please plan in enough time for
entering the venue.

In case you cannot personally attend the meeting, per § 9 II you can
nominate another board member or a deputy to represent you. Please do so
publicly on this mailing list, in time before the meeting. Be advised
that only one representation is possible per representative.

The agenda is as follows:

1. Welcome and introduction
2. Formal invitation, representation and quorum
3. Overview of past activities, finances and budget for 2014
4. Planning and strategy for 2015
         4.1. Strategy, finances and budget
         4.2. Entities and partnerships
         4.3. Events (participating and hosting)
5. Community building and focal points
6. Various

As per § 9 III of our statutes, at least 1/2 of the board must take part
in the meeting or be represented in order to have a quorum.

Certain changes to the statutes require the non-represented, personal
presence of every board member, as per § 15 III, with the need of the
decision to be taken unanimously.

While the meeting is a private one, decisions and results will be made
public as soon as possible, given our approach of transparency, taking
into account § 8 III c 2nd sentence.

Looking forward to meeting you in Bern,

Thorsten

[1] http://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf