vote on travel policy changes

Hello,

as a follow-up to the previous discussion, I'd like to ask the board to vote on changes to our travel policy. I actually have two requests, and ask to vote on them together.

The first one is adding the wish for travel reports. I propose the following wording:

  "To illustrate the diversity of the community, and all the projects and events we engage with and participate in, the board strongly encourages everyone applying for a travel refund to send in a short written report along with their refund request to treasurer@documentfoundation.org

  A few sentences about the event and your general impression would be wonderful, and ideally you send it in under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>, so we can use it in our annual report. Feel free to also blog about your impressions and send us a link - in fact, this would be even better, to spread the word already during the year!

  Thank you very much for your support, and to everyone who takes the time to send in travel reports about their trip!"

The second one is a change to the per-diem rate, to reflect binding changes in German tax law. The new wording for the "out of town meals" part should be:

  "Members traveling on behalf of TDF are reimbursed a per diem for their meal expenses. The following rates apply for travels to Germany:

  * single day trip
  ** 0 up to 8 hours: no per diem refunded
  ** more than 8 and up to 24 hours: 12¤

  * multiple day trip, only with overnight stay
  ** arrival day, independent from travel duration: 12 ¤
  ** departure day, independent from travel duration: 12 ¤
  ** every additional day: 24 ¤ per day

  The detailed regulations, sums, possible limitations and deductions on the per diem vary from your travel destination, whether meals are provided or how they are included in the hotel's invoice, and a couple of other parameters.

  If you plan to ask for a per diem refund, we strongly recommend asking the treasurer before your trip, to get the current details for your destination."

Thanks for considering,
Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

as a follow-up to the previous discussion, I'd like to ask the board
to vote on changes to our travel policy. I actually have two
requests, and ask to vote on them together.

+1 to both.

+1 for both.

+1 from me too

Fridrich

+1 for both.

  Michael.

+1

Norbert

approval for both

Best,

Bjoern

Hi All,

as a follow-up to the previous discussion, I'd like to ask the board
to vote on changes to our travel policy. I actually have two
requests, and ask to vote on them together.

+1 for both.

Thanks!

Warm Regards,
Joel