[VOTE] Rules of Procedure changes

Hi,

with the new board in place, and several people leaving their former
board seats, our Board Rules of Procedure need a few amendments.

Below is the proposal (which amends
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules), that permits the
board to delegate certain additional items.

The draft text was not fully ready during our board call on Wednesday,
I'd therefore ask the new board plus deputies to vote via email on
this list:

-%<------------------------------------------------------------------

§ 8. Infrastructure Officer

The board will contract, or alternatively hire if more
economical/practical, resources for professional, secure, and timely
maintenance of TDF's central IT infrastructure. The board acknowledges
that TDF's virtual presence and web pages are one of its most valuable
assets, and thus are worthy of focused investment to complement the
sysadmin community's great work.

§ 9. Executive Director ("Geschäftsführer")

Acknowledging the amount of work and time required to ensure proper
operations, the board will hire an Executive Director
("Geschäftsführer") to ensure daily operations and out-of-court legal
representation of the foundation, fulfillment of its mission
statement, and the execution of tasks decided by the board. The
Executive Director shall be entitled with certain legal powers to
fullfill this role and ensure daily operations, and is otherwise bound
to orders issued by the board. The Executive Director may not be part
of either the board or the membership committee, nor deputy in either
of these bodies.

§ 10. Marketing Representative

The board acknowledges the importance of professional marketing and
public relations. It may entitle one ore more individual contributors
to the foundation's projects to represent the foundation and its
projects on a non-legal level and speak on its behalf on conferences,
events, trade shows, to journalists and market analysts. Contractually
binding agreements require prior approval by the foundation's legal
representatives.

-%<------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

-- Thorsten

Thanks; +1

    Michael.

+1.

Best,
[...]

  • Inglês - detectado

  • Inglês

  • Português

  • Inglês

  • Português

+1

Norbert

Looks great -- +1

Warm Regards,
Joel

I wrote:

Below is the proposal (which amends
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules), that permits the
board to delegate certain additional items.

+1 of course from me as well. :slight_smile:

Regards,

-- Thorsten

+1 from me, too.
Best,
Adam

Looks good to me, approve.

Best, Bjoern

Hi,

the vote closes with this result: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0
disapprovals.

This message is to be archived by the BoD and its deputies, I'll make
the necessary changes to the wiki.

Best, Thorsten