[board-discuss] nominating Volker Merschmann for the Board of Directors

Hello,

I hereby nominate Volker Merschmann as a candidate for the next Board of Directors.

Volker has been a volunteer of the project ever since, with many contributions to the website and the project's public representation. In all his doings, Volker has always considered the needs of localization, documentation and other native language groups, and has a wide view on the interests and requirements of the community.

Within LibreOffice specifically, Volker has been a strong contributor to our wiki, which is a key tool for collaboration. He is bringing in his time and experience not only to help editing wiki content and bringing structure to it, but also with guiding new users and helping to combat spam - as such, he has been a great support for the community.

Being located in Germany, Volker has also contributed to the local marketing project, supporting the community on events like the CeBIT in Hannover.

I enjoyed working with Volker for nearly a decade now, during which I met him as trustworthy, honest, reliable, experienced and confident community member.

For the new challenges TDF has to face, for developing it further, and for including the wider community and their interest in this process, I think he would be an ideal candidate for the next board, representing the community, and I hope he accepts this nomination.