[board-discuss] Re: nominating Adam Fyne for the Board of Directors

Hi All,

Let me first of all thank Michael for his kind and most generous words.

As some of you know me personally better than other - I think it would be
best for me to tell about myself a bit.

My name is Adam Fyne, and I am 32 years old. I have lived in Israel all my
life. I am happily married for a year, sharing an apartment with my wife
and dog.

During my studies for my B.Sc. in Computer Engineering (Bar-Ilan
University) - I have worked in a Start-up company based in Israel called
SeamBI. I have worked there for 5 years as a senior software engineer.

It was a long & fulfilling road in which I have learned a lot, both
professionally and personally. I left SeamBI after 5 good years, and in
April this year I have joined CloudOn.

My main focus in my work in CloudOn was to start understanding the
interoperability problems that users face when using LibreOffice with
Microsoft files.

As part of that work I have performed a lot of analysis, submitted dozens
of Bugzilla reports and have pushed code fixes back to the community.

I have been attending the weekly ESC call for the last couple of months,
and have attended the great annual LibreOffice conference.

What I would bring to the board?

I would like to spread the word in Israel and help promoting the
LibreOffice project here.

I think that my position would also help promote the exposure of
LibreOffice to the mobile office landscape, extending the reach to a whole
new crowd.

I am happy and excited to accept the nomination for the BoD of The Document
Foundation.

Best regards,

*Adam Fyne*