[board-discuss] Re: nominating Jan Holešovský for the Board of Directors

Hi Florian, all,

Florian Effenberger píše v Čt 24. 10. 2013 v 16:34 +0200:

so, as the nomination phase is open, let me start by sending in the
first nomination. :-)

I would like to nominate Jan Holešovský for the board elections. Kendy,
a name many of you know, has been active in the LibreOffice project from
day one, and has ever since been a strong contributor. He has been with
SUSE for a long time, and now is with Collabora, and besides his great
contributions in development, has worked in many other areas of the
project where he has contributed greatly!

I talked to him before, and he is willing to run for the elections. I
think he would be a wonderful candidate, and would like to nominate him.

Thank you for the support!  To fulfill the formal needs, I guess there
is some info I need to provide :-)

First things first - indeed, I would like to serve in the board, and I
am running for the elections.  I hope that many of you, members of The
Document Foundation, already know me; but let me introduce myself to
those I haven't met yet.

Most people know me as Kendy - which is my nickname on the IRC, in the
real life, everywhere.  Don't ask me why I have that nickname, I don't
remember, got it very early in my life ;-) - but it is handy, there is
too many Jan's in my country.

I am primarily a developer, who loves improving the UI, and works mostly
on interoperability for a living (and love that too, actually).  I am
with LibreOffice from the very beginning, and have been involved with
OOo previously - I have started contributing in 2003, more than 10 years
ago.  Over the years, I worked on the KDE integration (my first
contribution), 64bit porting, DOCX export, git conversion, and various
other things.

I am always trying to reach out to other groups, too.  I did quite some
translations to my native language (Czech), work with the designers, and
in marketing, I am managing our AdWords.  I am a regular Google Summer
of Code mentor.

That's it about me - if you need to know more, please do ask!

Full name: Jan Holešovský

Email: kendy@collabora.com

Corporate affiliation: Collabora

~75 words candidacy statement:

"I am with LibreOffice from the very beginning, and have been involved
with OOo previously - I have started contributing more than 10 years
ago. I am primarily a developer, though I am always trying to reach out
to other groups too - I did quite some translations to Czech, work with
the designers, and in marketing. I am a regular GSoC mentor. I want to
enter the board to serve the entire community :-)"

All the best,
Kendy