Re: [board-discuss] Stepping back

Hello Charles, Hello Florian, Dear members of The Document Foundation,

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 04:01:14PM +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2013-10-24 12:50:
Dear members of the Board, dear Community,

I, Charles-H. Schulz, hereby resign from my role as member of the Board
of Directors of The Document Foundation, effective November 1st, 2013.

For business reasons and  in the light of  the upcoming elections, with
new contributors in charge soon, I feel this is the right time to
announce my resignation.

While I fully intend to stay  and remain active within  the project,
my resignation also means I will not be available as candidate for the
upcoming board elections.

on behalf of the community and the foundation, I would like to thank
you for all you have done for LibreOffice! You have been one of the
founding fathers of the foundation, you have shaped it, and you have
greatly contributed to make it what it is today. Thank you truly for
everything you did, we wouldn't be where we are today without you!

First, let me join Florian in thanking Charles for all his work, not only on
the Board of Directors, but also in bringing both LibreOffice and The Document
Foundation into existence. I joined the LibreOffice project six months after
its birth and can not possibly imagine how frantic the early days have been.

Our statutes foresee in such cases that the first deputy is promoted
to a member of the Board of Directors.

It is my duty and honour to now ask you, Björn Michaelsen, if you
accept your promotion to being member of Board of Directors of The
Document Foundation, effective November 1st, 2013.

I accept the promotion to being a member of the Board of Directors of The
Document Foundation and will start my duty as such on November 1st, 2013.

As I have not been directly elected into this role -- being elected as a Deputy
Member only so far -- it comforts me that I will have to confirm the trust
invested in me soon in the upcoming elections.

Best,

Bjoern Michaelsen

--
Björn Michaelsen
Deputy Member, Board of Directors, The Document Foundation,