Re: [board-discuss] Stepping back

Dear all,

Le Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:01:14 +0200,
Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org> a écrit :

Hello Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2013-10-24 12:50:
Dear members of the Board, dear Community,

I, Charles-H. Schulz, hereby resign from my role as member of the
Board of Directors of The Document Foundation, effective November
1st, 2013.

For business reasons and  in the light of  the upcoming elections,
with new contributors in charge soon, I feel this is the right time
to announce my resignation.

While I fully intend to stay  and remain active within  the project,
my resignation also means I will not be available as candidate for
the upcoming board elections.

on behalf of the community and the foundation, I would like to thank
you for all you have done for LibreOffice! You have been one of the
founding fathers of the foundation, you have shaped it, and you have
greatly contributed to make it what it is today. Thank you truly for
everything you did, we wouldn't be where we are today without you!

Our statutes foresee in such cases that the first deputy is promoted
to a member of the Board of Directors.

It is my duty and honour to now ask you, Björn Michaelsen, if you
accept your promotion to being member of Board of Directors of The
Document Foundation, effective November 1st, 2013.

Florian

Thank you for these kind words. I leave the board knowing that  my
"replacement" for the lack of a better word, will be Björn, who has my
full trust and sincere affection.

Best regards,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,