Re: [board-discuss] Stepping back

Hello Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2013-10-24 12:50:
Dear members of the Board, dear Community,

I, Charles-H. Schulz, hereby resign from my role as member of the Board
of Directors of The Document Foundation, effective November 1st, 2013.

For business reasons and  in the light of  the upcoming elections, with
new contributors in charge soon, I feel this is the right time to
announce my resignation.

While I fully intend to stay  and remain active within  the project,
my resignation also means I will not be available as candidate for the
upcoming board elections.

on behalf of the community and the foundation, I would like to thank you for all you have done for LibreOffice! You have been one of the founding fathers of the foundation, you have shaped it, and you have greatly contributed to make it what it is today. Thank you truly for everything you did, we wouldn't be where we are today without you!

Our statutes foresee in such cases that the first deputy is promoted to a member of the Board of Directors.

It is my duty and honour to now ask you, Björn Michaelsen, if you accept your promotion to being member of Board of Directors of The Document Foundation, effective November 1st, 2013.