Re: [board-discuss] Board elections soon - think about your candidates!

On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 10:41 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
This also means that _now_ is the time to think about your favorite
candidates ...
In Milan, we have already talked to many of you about the requirements
such a board role has, but for everyone who is interested in details,

        One detail that was shared at the conference, and is worth saying is
that the current board is working to move more of the day-to-day
administrative burden that is really a lot of work onto the shoulders of
TDF admin staff. That should free up the next board for a somewhat
lighter form of oversight & responsibility. At least that's the plan.
Hopefully that allows volunteers and contributors with less time to
spare to work as a team effectively in that role.

That being said, maybe one personal sentence: Being in the board surely
is a big responsibility, but I enjoyed my time during the last two years
quite a lot - and while it was challenging, it was also an honour to
serve the community and fulfill the duty.

        And a quick note of commendation here; Florian has done more than
anyone to make TDF a reality, and ensure that the many balls don't get
dropped here. We owe him a public debt of thanks.

        HTH,

                Michael.

--
 michael.meeks@collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot