Travel Approval

I have been able to get a last minute speaking opportunity at the Debian Ubuntu Community Conference in Italy (DUCC-IT), to speak about LibreOffice and opportunities for collaboration for Italian volunteers.

I will travel using my train points (so, for free) up to Fermo, but I will spend around 100 euros for a room in a B&B (two nights) and around 20 euros to reach my house in Assisi, from where I will travel to Rome for another meeting at Agenzia per l'Italia Digitale (the second part from Assisi will be covered by the already approved budget).

I will leave tomorrow afternoon and get back on Tuesday.

I ask the BoD to approve an amount of 140 euro (more than I will spend, just in case) to charge on the marketing budget.

Hi :slight_smile:
Surely that’s going to get approved? It looks like a lot of work for LibreOffice at very low cost. I take it the problem is that it’s all a bit sudden but surely we have to be able to respond to such opportunities quickly?
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Italo,

thanks for your engagement!

I ask the BoD to approve an amount of 140 euro (more than I will spend,
just in case) to charge on the marketing budget.

We have moved to a budget-driven spending mode, so you just need to find one budget authorizer to approve this - no need for a full board vote. Ideally, you ask Charles, to authorize it from the marketing budget.

Florian

Tom Davies wrote:

Surely that's going to get approved?  It looks like a lot of work
for LibreOffice at very low cost.  I take it the problem is that
it's all a bit sudden but surely we have to be able to respond to
such opportunities quickly?

Hi Tom, all,

this list is for public discussion of, and with, the TDF board. That
does not include idle small talk.

The comments are uncalled for and premature. Everyone here appreciates
Italo's commitment for TDF, and of course the board happily supports
his travels on TDF's behalf.

Kind regards,

-- Thorsten