Re: [board-discuss] dialling in via Google Hangouts

Hi,

Joel Madero wrote on 2013-05-15 20:53:

             That turned out really good :-) thanks for the tip ! It'd
    be nice to
    try to congregate as many as possible on-line with video in the hang-out
    and call into talkyo only for recording / land-line users I think (?).

thanks for trying! So, what we can do indeed is that someone opens the Hangout, invites all the other board members, plus adds the talkyoo number to link in those who are on a phone. Calling US numbers (which talkyoo offers as well) is free via Google.

Room for ESC call to do something similar? Also, just a quick question,
are board meetings public? (in other words, could I listen in?)

IMHO, the ESC confcall system also offers an US number, so the same thing could work.

Board calls are public, everyone can join: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Meetings