Re: [board-discuss] Board Strategy Meeting

Hello Florian,

Le vendredi 10 mai 2013 à 18:41 +0200, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

TDF is developing rapidly, so are the challenges we have to face, the
decisions we have to make, and the strategy we have to develop. In
addition, we intend to run the board elections this fall, approximately
shortly after LibOCon, to give the new board enough time to learn until
the official duty hand-over in February 2014.

Given that several board members already proposed to meet dedicatedly
for strategy, I would like to propose hosting a

        Board Strategy Meeting

this summer. The intend is to have as many board members as possible -
ideally everyone - at the same physical location, dedicatedly talking
about strategy and future planning.

There is a variety of topics on the table, and I think having a real
life meeting is much better than any sort of virtual meeting. Having
this meeting next to the LibreOffice Conference doesn't sound wise to
me, as we all know how busy these days usually are.

Before I send out a Doodle from June to September, I'd like to hear your
availability options. ;-) It might make sense to host the event at a
central location, during a weekend, so many people can participate.

Can all board members give me feedback on when is best (or when it
doesn't work out at all), so I can send out a Doodle poll soon?

Please do.Just be aware that, as for myself, I'm moving in a new
apartment, so I'll be unavailable around mid July - say from the 7th to
the 15th). I'll be very busy from the 9th to the 16th of June (work +
business travel). As for the month of August, I'll be on vacations from
the 12th to the 27th of August.

Best,

Charles.

Thanks,

Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany