written report as requirement for budget?

Hello,

given that writing the annual report is a quite tedious task, I am thinking about having a new rule, that a fully written, timely report (in English) should be a requirement for future budget spendings. Not too much text, but a few sentences would be nice.

That would help writing down topics when they occur, plus help those writing the annual report to have access to full texts rather than having to reinvent the wheel based on some sticky notes and keywords taken over the year.

I agree that it is raising the barrier for funds a bit, but then, why not share the burden than offloading it to a hand full of people? :wink:

From experience I can tell this worked out quite well with the German FrODeV association, which suffered from similar problems.

Florian

I think this sounds like a good idea for lots of reasons so +1 :smiley: Sorry
for just providing snippets for you to do a write up based on, I'll try
to do a bit better going forward.

oh, no worries - I am really happy to have received so much great feedback, especially given the short notice! So, it's not really complaining, I just want to improve the process for 2014, which also means asking people much earlier about their activities. :slight_smile:

Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

given that writing the annual report is a quite tedious task, I am
thinking about having a new rule, that a fully written, timely
report (in English) should be a requirement for future budget
spendings. Not too much text, but a few sentences would be nice.

Ideally, this would come in the form of a blog post? :wink:

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi,

Ideally, this would come in the form of a blog post? :wink:

yep, even better!

Florian