Re: [board-discuss] new BoD call time due to daylight saving time

Le lundi 01 avril 2013 à 17:44 +0200, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2013-03-31 20:17:
but..._practically_  the meeting time is adjusted so that it always
occurs at the same CET time. so the announce could be made using UTC
for convenience, but in fact that UTC time has changed and will change
according to the DST setting of CET... so instead of figuring out how
many hours behind 3,4,5 you are from CET, you have to pay attention to
the specific UTC time of the meeting, which will vary up to 2 hours
depending on the specific date of the meeting.

what about my proposal:

We do a vote on having it 1500 UTC during European daylight savings, and
1600 UTC during the European winter months. That way, the reference time
is CE(S)T, but we would have UTC as official time, making conversions
easier.

Florian

+1

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,