Re: [board-discuss] new BoD call time due to daylight saving time

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2013-03-29 18:09:

may I suggest, to avoid that twice-yearly dance, to set the time based
on CET once and for all.. rather than UTC with 2 adjustment a yer when
CET switch in and out of DST.

I specifically went for UTC, as I have received many complaints in the past
from people who did not clearly know what CET is (particularly from Northern
America).
www.google.com CET <enter>

I think UTC as reference time fits best, since it's an
international standard.
Well, the issue here is that UTC, of course, does not have that funky
'daylight-saving' thing... so if you pick UTC then you will have to
ask for a vote like this 2twice a year for the foreseable future...
Note: you can announce the time in UTC but still have an agreement
that the time is _based_ on a CET time... so that you won;t have to do
a vote for a 'change' twice a year.

Norbert