Re: [board-discuss] LibreOffice Swag/Merchandise Bulk Purchase?

Hi,

Tom Davies wrote on 2013-03-28 20:33:
That 40 sounds bizzare.  Some have already claimed more than that on
travel without being even slightly dishonourable.  Far from it in fact,
they seem to have gone to extraordinary pains to keep costs down and i
really can't imagine people in other organisations going that far.  It's
an unworkable amount and must have some provisions to allow for reality?!!?

well, as said, Thorsten has most insight here. From what I know expenses like travel are no problem, because they are simply a refund for occured costs.

However, individual financial contributions to people is limited to 40 € per year. If you give someone a present bag for their birthday, if you invite someone for dinner, if you give someone a t-shirt or other swag as a prize, that counts for the 40 €.

I'm not saying I like this, but it's tax law. There is of course a distinction between general expenses and individual support, but we need to take care, which is why SPI is better.