Re: [board-discuss] LibreOffice Swag/Merchandise Bulk Purchase?

Hi :)
That 40 sounds bizzare.  Some have already claimed more than that on travel without being even
slightly dishonourable.  Far from it in fact, they seem to have gone to extraordinary pains to keep
costs down and i really can't imagine people in other organisations going that far.  It's an
unworkable amount and must have some provisions to allow for reality?!!?

Surely the normal way would be for TDF to buy in bulk, obtaining a massive discount due to that,
and then sell on to individuals or groups at more than TDF paid per item.  Groups often do that
sort of thing so that individuals pay less than they would have to if they bought the single item
for themselves.  The group gets a tiny profit and hopefully enough to cover any losses for items
that go unsold and wastage, admin, postage, other overheads with some change left over.  The
problem might be at what point that gets considered "Trading" and whether that is allowed.

Regards from
Tom :)