Re: [board-discuss] FTP space for LibreOffice Server Install GUI

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Florian Reisinger <reisi007@gmail.com> wrote:

I am really sorry, but I don't have the slightest idea how to do that.

It would be usefull to investigate... surely there is a way to do
unattended build, even on windows.

It
might be helpful for you to know what I do to release a new version: Open
Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Desktop | Build --> Publish <Productname> |
(A wizard opens. I enter the FTP Url I want it to be published -> I enter
the download URL -> I agree, that the software should be available online +
offline -> Finish
Build starts --> Prompt opens, asking me for FTP username + password -->
Waiting a second (till everything is uploaded --> A webpage opens when
everything is finished. Everyone using the program get a Update prompt and
are able to download it...

There is 2 separate task: building the porduct... and uploading it.
scipting the upload is not too much of a problem...
scripting the build... well it is windows, so who knows...

IMHO a daily would be non-sense as everyone would be forced to use a
daily... (See above)

a daily build does not really mean _daily_ first a buildbot only build
if there is something 'new' and will only upload if it build...
and we can make the buildbot monitor the master branch to do just
plain build (for verification purpose)
and a 'release' branch that will only see new commit when you are
ready to release a new version... which will then be built + uploaded.

The only way to scale, is to automate. so anything that require
someone to sit in front of a screen and click-wait-click-wait-click is
not good.
It may sound not to bad when you have just one small project, with one
platform supported and little change rate... but now imagine dozen of
these, and lo itself that see 50+ commit a day with 4-5 platforms and
typically 2 release branches + master...

Norbert