Re: [board-discuss] FTP space for LibreOffice Server Install GUI

Hi,

Am 16.03.2013 00:09, schrieb Norbert Thiebaud:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi,

Florian Reisinger wrote on 2013-03-15 20:57:

I continue to work at gerrit. I just wanted to ask, when I am able to
re-publish my program? (In other words: When I am able to publish @TDF
FTP?)

if I understood Norbert right, the plan is to host it inside our git
repository?
Sure, but the build artifact need to be uploaded... most likely in
gimli somewhere...

Florain (Reisinger)
what does it take to build your project ? can out make a cygwin-based
shell scrip to run a build  ? (ideally stored in the porject itself)
in that case I could have one of the tinderbox to build the project on
occasion and upload the binary artefact somewhere... the 'same' way we
do daily build of lo.

I am really sorry, but I don't have the slightest idea how to do that. It might be helpful for you to know what I do to release a new version: Open Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Desktop | Build --> Publish <Productname> | (A wizard opens. I enter the FTP Url I want it to be published -> I enter the download URL -> I agree, that the software should be available online + offline -> Finish Build starts --> Prompt opens, asking me for FTP username + password --> Waiting a second (till everything is uploaded --> A webpage opens when everything is finished. Everyone using the program get a Update prompt and are able to download it...

It may be possible to set-up something so that you could trigger that
from gerrit itself...  or even maybe using jenkins and a windows (VM)
slave... david may have an idea about that, since he is developing
gerrit buildbot-plugin that way... (well, except for the windows part)

IMHO a daily would be non-sense as everyone would be forced to use a daily... (See above)

Norbert

--
Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger