Budget, final call

Hello,

we should approve a budget for 2013 this Wednesday. I have now factored in all wishes I received into the budget at

  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Tdfbudget2013.pdf
  (page 2!)

As said, it is a wishlist at the moment. Please make your comments no later than tomorrow, Tuesday, so we have a final document available for Wednesday's call. Most likely, we need to cut down several budgets to make it fit, but that will be topic for the call.

Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

As said, it is a wishlist at the moment. Please make your comments
no later than tomorrow, Tuesday, so we have a final document
available for Wednesday's call. Most likely, we need to cut down
several budgets to make it fit, but that will be topic for the call.

Cut-down budget (a 10% reduction in budgets across the board, sparing
only items like server and domain names or contractual obligations)
uploaded at

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Tdfbudget2013.pdf

, we will discuss this in the call. Budget now ~matches available
funds as of today.

Kind regards,

-- Thorsten

I think outside of netbooks QA would like a bit of money just for “prizes” in general. Our planned contest in June we’re hoping to do like 1-3 place of even better 1-5, netbooks probably too much for these prizes. Was thinking things like laptop case with LibreOffice logo, hoodie, mug, etc…

Maybe…$1,000? I honestly don’t have a context for the amount so I’m up for suggestions. I’m thinking depending on the success of our first big contest, I’m hoping to hold 1-3 a year.

Best,
Joel

Joel Madero wrote:

I think outside of netbooks QA would like a bit of money just for
"prizes" in general.

Hi Joel,

sorry, the board just approved the current proposal. Can we shelve
that for a bit later this year, when we revisit budget and funds?

Kind regards,

-- Thorsten