[ANN] LibreOffice 2013 conference poll final result

Dear community,

the poll results for the LibreOffice 2013 conference, after the board
did not receive any objections, are now final:

https://elections.documentfoundation.org/results.php?election_id=4

You can review the full ballot here:

https://elections.documentfoundation.org/votes.php?election_id=4

The detailed result is:

Milano, Italy: 59
Montreal, Canada: 32
Abstain: 3

Non-voters: 50
Eligible voters: 144

The board wants to express its gratitude to both applicants' teams for
their excellent proposals. We congratulate Milano for having won this
year's LibreOffice Conference Poll, look forward to Montreal possibly
running again for 2014, and hope to meet many of you in Milano at the
conference venue somewhat later this year!

With kind regards,

-- Thorsten Behrens, on behalf of the board

\o/ Congratulations Team Italy. All of the very best of success at the conference as well as a lot of LibreOffice member participation! Great submission!

Congrats to Team Canada for your submission as well (OK, I had minor involvement in it too!). Good solid submission with explanations, just not enough votes ... maybe next time we could offer people some incentives ... a cup of maple syrup and tickets to an NHL hockey game!

As this on the discuss list, here are my observations: Maybe next time another geographic zone could be picked? It is a remarkable experience for everyone when you have to organize an overseas trip every year. The expense can be daunting and having a conference in the same zone each year leaves others at a clear disadvantage for face to face meetings as well as for international team building.

Let's already start thinking about new submissions for next year's conference 2014! We started a little late for this one.

In the meantime ... let us know if we should get anything done to prep the 2012 LibOCon.

Cheers,

Marc