Re: [board-discuss] Development Budget Request

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi,

Thorsten Behrens wrote on 2013-01-29 18:25:

We looked into some offers, and it seems e.g. Hetzner's EX4 is
economical in terms of spec/price ratio

  http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4

, and goes for 49.00 € / month including VAT.

[..]

In total, the request would be, for 2013, a budget of

  ** 8.000,00 € **

for this setup (plan is to start with one EX4 and then ramp it up,
thus we don't incur the full cost in the first months).

Is a Gigabit connection required for the machines? I doubt, but wanted to
clarify, since that would add 39 € per month per machine.

No

Plus, dues the above sum take into account the fee of a Windows Server
license for those machines? Since we cannot bootstrap this on our own (i.e.
cannot install a separatedly bought Windows license), and virtualization is
not desired, we need to take Hetzner's offer here, which costs 15 € per
month for web edition and 25 € per month for standard edition.

Then we need to find another provider.

Norbert