Travel Expenses

I will travel to Oman in midi February, for the Free & Open Source
Software Conference (http://fossc-oman.net/). Flight and lodging are
covered by the organization, but I will incur in some expenses for local
transportation (mostly taxis) and meals.

In addition, I will spend the following amounts for my trip to the US in
late March, based on a thorough research of the least expensive options:

Flight Milan - Boston - Charlotte (NC) - Milan: Euro 700
Hotel Boston (4 nights): US $ 636 (Euro 473)
Rental Car Charlotte (car to travel to Columbia, SC): Euro 82
Hotel Columbia, SC (3 nights): US $ 380 (Euro 283)

Of course, I will incur is some additional expenses for fuel and meals
which could unfortunately exceed the approved budget of Euro 2,000.

I therefore ask the BoD to approve an additional budget of Euro 500 to
cover expenses for fuel, transportations and meals incurred during the
two trips.

I will also ask for a reimbursement of the amounts already disbursed for
flight tickets and car rental, through SPI.

Hi Italo,

Of course, I will incur is some additional expenses for fuel and meals
which could unfortunately exceed the approved budget of Euro 2,000.

I therefore ask the BoD to approve an additional budget of Euro 500 to
cover expenses for fuel, transportations and meals incurred during the
two trips.

  Seems very reasonable to me - thanks for spending the time on
Evangelism ! :slight_smile:

  +1

  ATB,

    Michael.

Italo Vignoli wrote:

I therefore ask the BoD to approve an additional budget of Euro 500 to
cover expenses for fuel, transportations and meals incurred during the
two trips.

+1

-- Thorsten

Hello Italo,

I will travel to Oman in midi February, for the Free & Open Source
Software Conference (http://fossc-oman.net/). Flight and lodging are
covered by the organization, but I will incur in some expenses for local
transportation (mostly taxis) and meals.

In addition, I will spend the following amounts for my trip to the US in
late March, based on a thorough research of the least expensive options:

sorry for my late reply, and thanks so much for all your activity!

I assume you are talking about the decision # 20121220-01 from https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions, right? ("budget of 2,000 ¤ for Italo Vignoli's trip to POSSCON and LibrePlanet")

So, for the Oman trip there has been no budget approved at all so far, it is only for POSSCON and LibrePlanet, as far as I can so. For the ease of voting, I propose to:

1. Vote on having a budget of 2.500 ¤ in total for your trips to POSSCON, LibrePlanet and FOSSC Oman,

2. thereby revoking decision # 20121220-01

Did I get this right, does this make sense, or did I miss some requests? Please confirm, then we can start voting. :wink:

Florian

I assume you are talking about the decision # 20121220-01 from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions, right? ("budget
of 2,000 ¤ for Italo Vignoli's trip to POSSCON and LibrePlanet")

Yes.

So, for the Oman trip there has been no budget approved at all so far,
it is only for POSSCON and LibrePlanet, as far as I can so. For the ease
of voting, I propose to:

OMAN should be mostly covered, although I have discovered by digging
into the country website that I might be asked to pay for the enry VISA
(around 40 Euro, but this is not clear), plus I will have to cover taxi
transfers and meals, and I do not know - because I did not get answers
to my questions - to which extent the organization covers them (might be
all covered, but I will discover it once there).

The US trip could prove more expensive than planned because of taxes on
lodging, which are difficult to understand as they are not shown on the
hotel rates, and other possible extras. I have booked hotels different
from the event suggested ones, as I have found cheaper options (but
unfortunately not so cheap).

I hope to spend the lowest figure, of course, but I prefer to ask in
advance than to create a problem afterwards.

1. Vote on having a budget of 2.500 ¤ in total for your trips to
POSSCON, LibrePlanet and FOSSC Oman,

2. thereby revoking decision # 20121220-01

Did I get this right, does this make sense, or did I miss some requests?
Please confirm, then we can start voting. :wink:

I confirm, and I will abstain from the vote for obvious reasons.

Hi guys,

  Sounds like we should have a formal vote on this:

> 1. Vote on having a budget of 2.500 € in total for your trips to
> POSSCON, LibrePlanet and FOSSC Oman,

> 2. thereby revoking decision # 20121220-01

  As per this thread, it'd be great to have a decision. My vote is +1
naturally.

  Thanks,

    Michael.

And of course Florian in parallel started a vote elsewhere :wink: so vote
there instead.

  ATB,

    Michael.