additional FOSDEM budget

Hello,

the board has previously approved [1] 2.000 ¤ for FOSDEM collaterals. Because we would like to opt for higher quality t-shirts, plus produce some stickers in addition, I'd like to ask the board to approve an additional 600 ¤ for collaterals.

Although the amount sounds rather high, we try to give away t-shirts at FOSDEM for donations to get some return money, plus t-shirts not sold will be taken to other trade shows.

Florian

[1] 20130109-01 on https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions

Florian Effenberger wrote:

the board has previously approved [1] 2.000 € for FOSDEM
collaterals. Because we would like to opt for higher quality
t-shirts, plus produce some stickers in addition, I'd like to ask
the board to approve an additional 600 € for collaterals.

+1 - I expect we can reuse stuff for other events, of which a number
will come up in Europe alone in the next months.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

+1.

    Michael.

+1 from my side, of course as well

Hi :slight_smile:
Hopefully these costs will go up quite dramatically every year because it’s an indicator of success. It’s going up because we know that a LOT more people will be stopping and taking an interest in TDF and LibreOffice at the event (and at other events). Also hopefully more people might be happy to don the tshirts and mingle to raise the profile even more.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

+1

+1

And my advise is to not make this a recurrent practice (i.e. blow the
budget)

Regards

Olivier

Hello,

the board has previously approved [1] 2.000 ¤ for FOSDEM collaterals.
Because we would like to opt for higher quality t-shirts, plus produce
some stickers in addition, I'd like to ask the board to approve an
additional 600 ¤ for collaterals.

Although the amount sounds rather high, we try to give away t-shirts at
FOSDEM for donations to get some return money, plus t-shirts not sold
will be taken to other trade shows.

Florian

[1] 20130109-01 on https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions

- --
Olivier Hallot
+55-21-8822-8812

+1

C.

Maybe we should have a "money available" bot that adds a sig with that
amount to budget request emails :slight_smile:

Hello,

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 6 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.
The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: The request has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Florian