Re: [board-discuss] Splashscreen & Startscreen proposals for the 4.0

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Italo Vignoli <italo.vignoli@gmail.com> wrote:
So, votes should happen only on mailing lists. We can decide to get the
random opinion of users on Google+, but it should be clear that this is
not going to have the same value as the same concept expressed on the
mailing lists.

If I may suggest: wile I favor 'poll' to get input about what the
mebership at large thinks of different proposal... as _one kind_ of
input to the decision process.
I would rather not such poll to be 'binding' votes....

Unfortunately 'logo' and other design element are prone to
bikesheeding... everybody has an opinion, everybody is an expert... so
using 'us' the membership as guinea pig to get some feed-back is one
thing.. but delegating that decision to a 'general' vote seems not
that great to me.

Norbert