Re: [board-discuss] Splashscreen & Startscreen proposals for the 4.0

On 1/28/13 3:22 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

Rather, for the current discussion, let's talk between the marketing
team and the design team, at eye-level, and not with the board's
authority.

Florian, I think I have over-reacted, and I know this should not happen.
Being a volunteer, I know that I have not been a good community member
today, but I hope that this will prevent us from making mistakes in the
future.

We should aim to improve the process. In any case, social networks
cannot become a community tool, because people who refuse to engage on
mailing lists cannot be included in community decisions. The background
noise on social networks is terrible, and does not allow to discuss in
"business" terms (a system where you have "likes" is not a decision
system by any mean).

So, votes should happen only on mailing lists. We can decide to get the
random opinion of users on Google+, but it should be clear that this is
not going to have the same value as the same concept expressed on the
mailing lists.

--
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436@messagenet.it