Re: [board-discuss] Splashscreen & Startscreen proposals for the 4.0

Hello Florian,

Le lundi 28 janvier 2013 à 15:22 +0100, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

after having a call with Thorsten, and thinking a second time about it,
I must confess that I have indeed changed my mind on this.

The board should only veto for a very limited set of topics, mostly
legal stuff, and normally should not make use of its power as body.

I had, like others, supported a board vote in first place, and based on
that support Charles posted this here. Thinking a second time about it
makes me feel it was a mistake, and I'm sorry for that.

Rather, for the current discussion, let's talk between the marketing
team and the design team, at eye-level, and not with the board's
authority.

I'm against a veto, and I have written it elsewhere. I think it would be
a slap in the face of people who obviously don't deserve it. My proposal
and call to vote is very different, it is to come up with an actual
proposal. If we manage to solve it outside the board level, I'm the
first one to be happy (and I didn't like posting the call to vote this
morning); however both the timing and the fact that the initial proposal
has been merged in the main branch prompted for a "Notbremse"...

Best,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,