[board-discuss] Splashscreen & Startscreen proposals for the 4.0

Hello,

As the Design team has selected the startscreen and splashscreen for the
upcoming 4.0 release several members of the Board of Directors have felt
the choice was not acceptable for a variety of reasons (too white, too
simple, non-standard logo, not enough green...).

In general it is not up to the BoD to decide on UX and designs. The
reactions to the choice of the graphical elements for the 4.0 were,
however, quite vocal. I would therefore like to ask the BoD to propose
an alternative choice (and vote on it ASAP), which would be to ship
LibreOffice 4.0 with a slightly modified 3.6.x Splashscreen and
StartCenter (the modifications being the inclusion of the number 4 on
them) and then let the Design team come up with a new design for the
rest of the 4.x branch.

I realize that we're hijacking several processes here, but several of
the BoD members felt we had to come up with a solution. What's more, I'd
like to sincerely thank the Design team, among them Mirek and Stefan for
their relentless work and contributions; we hope that you will continue
to provide the LibreOffice project with your talent and passion.

Best regards,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,