Re: [board-discuss] Re: Joining Silicon Sentier

Hi :)
I kinda agree with Marc about this except that the clear and very low upper-limits on items that
can be passed this way makes the rule entirely reasonable imo.

In most organisations i have been in there have been several layers of spending that have only
required various numbers of cheque signatories to authorise.  Also the central main top level
committee, board of trustees, directors or whatever usually authorise various sub-committees or
working groups to spend either set budgets (with proper year End accounts) or on a fixed limit per
spend.  Also there tends to be a certain amount of "petty cash" for office workers to buy sundry
items such as tea, coffee, milk, pens, packet of screws to fix a defective device or pins and
blue-tack to stick notices to walls.

There are tons of costs that really shouldn't be taken up to the main board because it wastes time
and trivialises the importance of the work the board does.

Regards from
Tom :)