Re: [board-discuss] Re: 2013 budget draft - TDF Budget as of 2013-01-14

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 02:06:19PM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
The QA netbooks have already been discussed on QA Call. The idea is to have a
budget for a set of netbooks that we can give publically as prizes to our most
active QA contributors in QA marathons and triage contests.

A few addition given the discussion:
We will likely lend the netbooks to a set of QA volunteers. And those machines
are not intended to let our QA volunteers play Starcraft, but to be able to
triage -- possibly on multiple platforms -- without busting their usual work
machine.

Why only QA? Because QA did organize quite a few events (Bug Hunting Sessions,
QA Marathons, QA Wochenende) making me confident they have the manpower to
organize this. I did hard work to support Rainer, Joel, Florian and other to
get QA rolling over the last year. Once other parts of the project get there,
the same applies to them -- I am confident at that point they will file their
own budget requests.

Note also this is an opportunity that presented itself: E.g. for developers we
cant easily do this as a developer machine for LibreOffice is quite a bit more
expensive.

Best,

Bjoern