Re: [board-discuss] Re: 2013 budget draft - TDF Budget as of 2013-01-14

Hi all,
On 16/01/2013 18:09, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote:
Am 16.01.2013 16:01, schrieb Marc Paré:
Hi KJ

Le 2013-01-16 03:08, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol a écrit :

I like the idea of making a contest, but I dislike to limit it on QA.
What about l10n, documentation, marketing, design and others? Let's do
and budget a volunteer contest or even one (or more) prize(s) will be
drawn by all contributors. Maybe we can find sponsors for some more
prizes.

FYI, there was a note sent to all of these groups for budgetary
requests. You can find these notes on all of their lists. Most of them
submitted no requests. The groups were pinged a total of 3 times. The
most recent requests may be found on our wiki.[1]

You can find the posts on each of the lists by searching on the term
"funding".

I know the requests. It is ok for me when Björn as QA requests the
budget for QA.
My opinion isn't about the QA budget but about the contest and about
community.
I think it isn't a good signal to do a contest with prizes for a part of
the community only. If we do a contest for QA we should also do a
contest for other parts of community, either in one or in different
contests.

Our big point is the community and as I remember one of our first items
for marketing for the next time. This should lead us not to priorize a
part of community.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Funding_Priorities

And there you find no hint about a contest for QA. And so my only
intention was to complete Björn's idea for the whole community.

I agree with you. The issue is that several projects are not structured
like the QA one, or for the NL projects, are disseminated over several
tasks that are not specifics to one subproject and so they don't see how
to answer/handle such a request for funds.
You idea, or Björn one, is very good, but need some organization before
being submitted to the rest of the community. Mostly it's a matter of
close communication with the projects.

Kind regards
Sophie

--