Re: [board-discuss] Travel refund volunteers needed

Hi,

Le jeudi 25 octobre 2012 à 11:55 +0200, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

unfortunately, as of today, we have three events that have not been
refunded to the participants yet, some have been waiting more than a
month for their refund, which is a very unfortunate situation.

The bottleneck is that most of the work is within Thorsten and me, and
we are constantly overworked (I speak for myself here, but I guess it's
similar with Thorsten).

I'd like to call out to the board to find one volunteer helping us to
deal with managing travel refunds. I guess Thorsten is happy with doing
the accounting, and I am also happy to support for legal questions, but
there are several more steps required. In a nutshell, it's:

(1) Getting to know the approved budget from the board

(2) Asking the organizers for a list of all participants

(3) Knowing our travel refund policy
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies) and its limitations
plus the workflow

(4) Collecting all receipts, putting all (valid) requests in a table or
database

(5) "Making the cut" after a deadline, to then see whether funding is
available for everyone, or whether we need to limit it (like: everyone
only gets 80% of the requested amount) or ask the board for topping-up
the budget

(6) Sending the receipts for refunding either to TDF or SPI, depending
on who pays

Agreeably, this is no joyous task, but it's part of the boards duties to
take care of it, and it will make our contributors happy if they don't
have to wait for a too long time.

Any volunteers?

Since the AB page is now ready and online, and if there's no other
volunteers... I volunteer.

best,
Charles.

Thanks,