[board-discuss] Budget - assignment and coverage (was: [DRAFT] Rules of Procedure for the TDF board)

Hi all,

again trying to keep it short..

Am 18.09.2012 19:56 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
Am 17.09.2012 18:06 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:

[..]

A thing of note is ยง8 - the board intends to hire or contract
someone to operate infrastructure on a daily basis, acknowledging
the extraordinary importance TDF's virtual presence has for our
collective needs.

I've some thoughts to throw in.

This touches several topics which I will handle within several mails:
- Budget - assignment and coverage

I read the last budget report
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.steering-discuss/2662

How much money would a hired officer cost?
How much money would remain for travel refund for community members
visiting the conference. We from admin team had several meetings, which
fosters the collaboration spirit quite well :o)).

I note a heavy domination of paid tech people within our community.
There is a huge lack of people in the non technical part of the
community work. If we ever pay people, we should consider doing so for
work in any of the non tech areas.

Friedrich
--
Friedrich Strohmaier