[board-discuss] Work to be done by TDF officers (was: [DRAFT] Rules of Procedure for the TDF board)

Hi all,

again trying to keep it short..

Am 18.09.2012 19:56 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
Am 17.09.2012 18:06 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:

[..]

A thing of note is ยง8 - the board intends to hire or contract
someone to operate infrastructure on a daily basis, acknowledging
the extraordinary importance TDF's virtual presence has for our
collective needs.

I've some thoughts to throw in.

This touches several topics which I will handle within several mails:
- Work to be done by TDF officers - strategy

If we pay an officer for doing typical community tasks some questions
arise:

How is his work rated compared to the same or similar work of a
volunteer?

If it's preferred against volunteers work, have we then to hire more and
more professionals which do better work than volunteers?

If the volonteers work is preferred, what is the professional paid for?

I cannot imagine this model beeing fruitful for a healthy community.

I'm not against having paid officers in general, but they should do meta
tasks, i.e. rather looking for people doing necessary work - for example
by poking sponsors to provide manpower than doing the work themselves.

Friedrich
--
Friedrich Strohmaier
- Admin team -