Alfresco

I'd like to thank the Board for agreeing to host the LO Alfresco site
on TDF infrastructure if the Docs team wanted to use it.

I don't know if David Nelson has informed you that he has taken down
his LO Alfresco site after the Docs team failed to choose it as our
CMS.

How should LO deal with the error messages (site not found; page not
found) that people will get if they go to
http://alfresco.libreoffice.org/ or http://media.libreoffice.org/ ?
Can we redirect those addresses to the main LO page?

I am deleting references to those sites from the wiki and the LO
website and other places as I find them, but no doubt there are links
from other places, blogs, etc.

--Jean

Nino's suggestion is much better than mine. I guess I should file a
ticket to have this done, unless someone else has already opened a
ticket about the problem. (I can never find anything in any
bugtracking system, and indeed have never attempted to use ours.)

--Jean

Hi Jean,

I'd like to thank the Board for agreeing to host the LO Alfresco site
on TDF infrastructure if the Docs team wanted to use it.

I don't know if David Nelson has informed you that he has taken down
his LO Alfresco site after the Docs team failed to choose it as our
CMS.

thanks a lot for letting us know, and thanks to you and David for working on this topic! I think it's really important to try out new options, and to discuss them within the affected projects.

How should LO deal with the error messages (site not found; page not
found) that people will get if they go to
http://alfresco.libreoffice.org/ or http://media.libreoffice.org/ ?
Can we redirect those addresses to the main LO page?

I replied to that technical topic on the website@ list, let's continue this specific item there.

Florian