Nominate myself to MC elections

Hi all,

I would like to nominate myself for a seat to the Membership Committee
elections. I have been member of this committee from its beginning and
it would be a pleasure for me to be given the opportunity to serve
another term.

I am with the LibreOffice project since its beginnings. In this
intermediary period, I was designed by my distinguished colleague as
chairman of the MC.

Active member of the OpenOffice.org predecessor since 2005, I was one
of the release engineers that produces our first product release, the
LibreOffice 3.3 beta at the day of the change of upstream (called
wrongly by some "a fork").

I am mainly active in release engineering. Nonetheless, I have also
mentored several successful Google Summer of Code projects and
authored or co-authored several flagship features of our main releases.

I maintain or co-maintain more then 5 external libraries that we use
for different document importers. Last, but not least, I speak about
10 languages which gives me an opportunity to keep in loop about
developments in many native language projects. I also know pretty well
a majority of developers in our project.

My goal for the next legislature would be to continue to grow the
developer membership and try to find way to encourage people who enter
the project to never leave it :slight_smile:

I am affiliated with SUSE.

Kindest regards

Fridrich Strba
- --
Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.