[board-discuss] Changes in the membership committee

Dear board of directors,
Dear membership committee,
Dear members,

this e-mail is to inform you about changes in the composition of the membership committee, a formal body of our foundation, as defined in § 6 I of the statutes. [1]

In the order of their e-mail, the following people have stepped down from their roles in the membership committee, according to § 12 III:

        * Norbert Thiebaud [2]
        * Sophie Gautier [3]
        * André Schnabel [4]
        * Simon Phipps [5]
        * Drew Jensen [6]

I would like to thank all of you for your great work for our foundation and for the LibreOffice community at large. Thank you very much for all you've done in this so important body, doing great services for all of us - it is an honour to work with you, and your contributions made TDF to what it is today.

Formally, the MC therefore now consists of these two seat holders, in alphabetical order:

        * Fridrich Štrba
        * Cor Nouws

Previously, Cor Nouws has been a deputy, and according to § 12 II is now a seat holder.

As per § 12 II, the minimum number of members of the membership committee is three (3). Since as of today, we have only two (2) remaining members of the membership committee, re-elections are due as per § 12 III, and as publically requested by Cor Nouws. [7]

Set forth in § 12 III, these remaining members of the membership committee shall continue to process only tasks that cannot be delayed until to the assumption of office of the successors.

Since André Schnabel has resigned, the current membership committee need as new chairman, that is set by the seat holders per § 12 II. I therefore call upon Fridrich and Cor to set a chairman for the membership committee and make their decision public on this mailing list and to the members.

Preparations for re-elections are already going on, and the official announcement and voting instructions will be sent very soon to all members, and will be publically announced.

We will inform the authorities in due time about the recent changes, as per § 17 III, and will update the website accordingly.