Re: [board-discuss] TDF Accounting: an update

Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
Le mardi 22 mai 2012 à 16:14 +0200, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :
Hi there,

getting on top of accounting these days. I use gnucash
(http://gnucash.org/), a Free and Open Source software for personal
and small-business accounting - Gnome-based, featuring double-entry
bookkeeping, and available for Linux. Mac and Windows. The ledger is
xml-based, and can be shared with board members.

Sadly gnucash scripting is Scheme-based (yuck), so I use a second
FLOSS project called jgnucashlib
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jgnucashlib/) for scriptable tasks
- as of today, for the PayPal transaction import, since that's where
the bulk of the movement happens (currently ~10-20 per day).

Taken all together, I think a suitable choice for our entity - and
hopefully flexible and portable enough that it can be handed over
and/or shared easily.

Up to now, mostly Florian and me have collected invoices, filed
them, and did the budget planning. To permit sharing
responsibilities there, and also to make it a bit easier for us to
keep information together, I propose to setup a private
treasurer@tdf mailing list. Budget updates, invoices, expense
reports, and also board decisions regarding budget approvals then
need to be sent to that list, such that we can accurately reflect
them in the ledger.

Agree

-- Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP
5316436@messagenet.it skype italovignoli - gtalk italo.vignoli@gmail.com