Re: [board-discuss] funding for admin weekend

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 14:34 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
like last year, the admin team of TDF would like to gather for an
internal meeting, in order to discuss and work on important topics, such
as virtualiziation, HA/failover, system upgrade and such.

        Sounds really important.

Last year, we met in Munich's Café Netzwerk, and this year, we have an
offer to stay in the LinuxHotel in Essen (http://www.linuxhotel.de), a
very attracting place for geeks. ;-)

        Cool.

The total cost for having all the 13 admins in Essen, including sleeping
in the hotel, breakfast and having a lecture room + WiFi, would be
around 840 € for whole weekend.

        Wow; 840 for 13 of you ? that's amazing - I should move my family there
too.

What do people generally think about that? Does this sound senseful and
would the board be willing to approve let's say 1.000 € in total,
excluding travel fees?

        +1 for a $1k budget - the sysadmins do some fantastic work, and it
makes perfect sense to get them together; sounds like a bargin to me
[ were you asking for a formal vote ].

        ATB,

                Michael.