Re: [board-discuss] warrants for certain tasks

Hi,

Thorsten Behrens wrote on 2012-05-04 10:01:

yes, generally agreed, wasting meeting time with approving
small sums for completely uncontroversial things is pointless.

indeed. Even voting on the list is a bit tedious for each and every expense.

For the while, I see the biggest churn in those daily-operations
issues, like hosting, and administrative things. So I would suggest
to start with that, setting a fixed annual budget, and e.g. grant
you authority to shuffle machines, domains, IP address ranges&  what
not as you see fit, as long as it stays within the budget. And maybe
a 100 bucks a month for random misc office supplies or somesuch.

Sounds good. Let's talk about it during the next call and maybe vote on it, so we have less to vote upon in the future. ;-)

For the remainder of your list, I'd probably prefer to run the first
few decisions manually through the whole board.

So you mean posting to the board what someone would decide if he had authority, and if that fits, we switch to a fixed budget for those areas in the future as well?

Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board