Re: [board-discuss] warrants for certain tasks

Florian Effenberger wrote:
since voting on each and every single expense during the BoD calls
is a bit tedious, but required by the statutes, I would like to
propose an alternative solution to make the daily operations a bit
easier.

In a nutshell, I would like to have the board appoint
responsibilities to not only, but mainly, BoD members.

Hi Florian,

yes, generally agreed, wasting meeting time with approving
small sums for completely uncontroversial things is pointless.

For the while, I see the biggest churn in those daily-operations
issues, like hosting, and administrative things. So I would suggest
to start with that, setting a fixed annual budget, and e.g. grant
you authority to shuffle machines, domains, IP address ranges & what
not as you see fit, as long as it stays within the budget. And maybe
a 100 bucks a month for random misc office supplies or somesuch.

For the remainder of your list, I'd probably prefer to run the first
few decisions manually through the whole board.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten