Re: [board-discuss] payment options

On 8 Apr 2012, at 19:06, Florian Effenberger wrote:

Hi Simon,

Simon Phipps wrote on 2012-04-08 15:41:
One more to add to your list is XE Trade (which is part of Western Union). I have used them for
several years. They provide bank-to-bank transfers without any fees (apart from the usual
exchange rate spread of course). I note that SPI uses them for payments too.

http://www.xe.com/xetrade/

thanks for reminding me of that - you mentioned that recently, but I forgot about it, sorry for
that.

Do I get it right that XE trade is not for reciving donations, but rather for TDF making
payments, e.g. travel refunds?

It's just a way of performing international transfers bank-to-bank, but it does require the
originator to have an account so would be of more use for TDF to make outward payments without wire
charges, yes. But in principle it would work for anyone, and for payments in the range $50-$5000
it's probably the lowest-cost option.

S.