Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

[board-discuss] BoD minutes from 2012-04-04


Hello,

find attached the meeting minutes from the BoD meeting on April 4th.

This message is to be archived by the BoD and its deputies.

Florian


The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, April 4th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors arriving 15:06UTC), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Charles H. Schulz (Board of Directors arriving 15:09UTC)


Representation: Björn Michaelsen is representing Olivier Hallot, as confirmed on the public mailing list.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


1. Voting on RRPproxy contract: http://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02230.html

In order to be able to organize our domain names more professionally, we came across RRPproxy. They are from the same corporation as DomainDiscount24 (Key-Systems), but targetted at professionals. Benefits are that they offer direct APIs and gateways, something which could ease the administration a lot.

The agreements are available at

        https://www.rrpproxy.net/downloads/en/agreement.en.pdf
and
        https://www.rrpproxy.net/downloads/en/nda.en.pdf
and
        https://www.rrpproxy.net/downloads/en/tac.pdf

We have to pay a minimum account balance of 100 USD, but since domain renewals are due soon, that money would be used in time.

Request: Next to taking over the DomainDiscount24 contract, sign a contract with RRPproxy.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


2. Discussing the open tasks

Capital stock investment:
 - Previous offers for cash account are not available for organizations
 - Andreas found a different list
- Two good offers from those, still waiting for an offer from the TDF house bank
 - Andreas/Bjoern will investigate for next call
 - basic bank account setup is at Bjoern and on the way to Thorsten

Travel refund policy: No progess so far (Thorsten)

Rules of procedure and Community bylaws: No progress so far, TBD next week (Charles)

Draft thank you message to donors: Michael will work on that

Work on documentfoundation.org website:
 - AB, ESC, overall content
 - Andreas looking into it (supported by Christian Lohmaier)

Check existing sites on trademark usage: Everyone.


3. Decide on whether TDF should join the OSI

Request: Charles requests TDF to join the OSI (http://www.opensource.org)
 - OSI promotes and advises on open source software
 - no financial obligations
 - other members: Mozilla, Debian, Apache
 - rechecking with FSF (Michael)

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


4. Decide on the funding for a table/booth at the US South East Linux Fest

Request: Italo requests 200 USD funding for a table/booth at the US South East Linux fest via SPI budget
 - Participation is free, but refund for traveling etc. is needed
- The Board is very happy that Drew Jensen is representing us that well in the US.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


5. Vote on the final draft of TDF Certification

Discussion: Italo will ask for an email vote after final changes.
 - Announcement will certified developers and roadmap
 - First certifications will be decided on the Hackfest
- Jacqueline Rahemipour and Tim Janik need to reply certification committee proposal, Florian to ping Jacqueline
 - RedHat representative needs to be named, Caolan will investigate
 - First non-members certifications at the LibreOffice Conference in Berlin


Meeting minutes approved:

Björn Michaelsen, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

--
Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to board-discuss+help@documentfoundation.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.